If you are like me that loves food and can eat just anywhere as long as food is available then this post is for you. As you want to ensure that you have the right manner of eating especially in the public, so as not to embarrass yourself or give yourself a bad name.
Here are few ways in which you can eat in the public and still be decent.
1. Avoid eating in the public environment especially consuming smelly food in a confined environment as it is inconsiderate and can be offensive to fellow passenger or people around. If you must eat then you need to choose one that is no pungent.
2. Where it is a dinner date or lunch avoid eating before everyone has been served.
3. Avoid making sounds with your mouth while eating
4. Don’t throw the wraps of your food or snacks on the floor. Dispose of it properly.
5. Make sure your hands are clean before you eat.
6. Don’t talk while food is in your mouth.
7. Wait till you are done chewing to sip or swallow a drink except you are choking (obviously)
8. Don’t make noise with your mouth while sipping a hot drink.
9. Take into your mouth only that which you can chew.
10. If it is in a office environment make sure you eat in the dining area and where there is no such allocated place make sure to eat where reasonable and of course be considerate.
11. Your mouth and cutlery should not make sound.
Eating during a dinner, hang out or sort like
1. Don’t start to eat until everyone is served.
2. At informal meals, place napkin on your lap immediately upon seating. For formal occasion, wait for your host to remove her napkin from the table. When you are leaving the table temporarily, put the napkin on your table. At the end of the meal, fold your napkin and place it to the left of your table setting.
3. With regards passing of food, pass to the right when the meal is not directed at any specific person. One diner either holds the food as the next diner takes some food or you hand it over to the person to take.
4. Always pass the salt and pepper together.
5. Don’t fart, burp or use a toothpick. Apart from breathing any other kind of release of gas on the table is not acceptable.
6. With regards the use of utensils, there will be another post on it.
7. Let the other person pick the meal where it is a date, unless of course you are asked to.
8. Where payment is being made by someone else, courtesy demands you are moderate in your request.