Building a Strong and Positive Body Image
Building a positive self-perception is discovering that healthy appealing bodies come in all shapes and sizes, that doesn’t influence our character attributes. A solid individual acknowledgement on our developments makes understanding the effect of body impact considerably more understanding.
Are you struggling with self-image? There are points I want to share with you which I believe will make you mirror yourself in a better light. All connecting to the Word of God.
READ ALSO OLIVE’S POST: https://medium.com/@oliveatuonwu/i-think-its-safe-to-say-that-on-this-weight-matter-i-ve-actually-heard-it-all-b983e0811076
Points to note:
- Understand that you are God’s image. Cliche but constantly repeat till your mind and body registers it. And as such you look into the mirror to see a reflection of God. This will help you be at peace with yourself.
- Declutter your mind from every negative word that has affected the way you look at yourself. Every morning, look to the mirror and speak graceful words to yourself. By so doing, you can filter out the negative ones.
- Then declutter your social. Let the air around you breed positivity. Have a different outlook on the media. Share different opinions and thoughts about understanding what body image and personal appearance are, and how we can look at it through positive aspects.
- Consequently, quit unhealthy comparison. Stop comparing yourself to others. Understand that we are unique, we cant figure out what we want and what our body needs if we are constantly comparing ourselves. Truthfully there would be someone that has what you desire, understand the ability to be comfortable in your own body while admiring another.
- Don’t focus on the numbers on the scales: Learn healthy eating habits and take up healthy enjoyable exercise. Let a healthy lifestyle be your routine so you don’t bounce back after a crazy diet plan.
- Practice self-care that promotes positive self-image. Gyming, yoga, going for a walk, dancing, swimming. Really whatever tickles your fancy as long as it makes you reconnect with your body.
- Have a community. Hang out with positive people: Spend time with influencers that have a healthy relationship with themselves and their appearance.
- Be in control. Don’ allow just anything to control your peace of mind. Clothes should fit you and not the other way round. Clothing should be a medium of expression, creativity and manifestation of personalities. Ensure to filter the information that goes in.
READ ALSO: Practice Mindfulness; Benefits and Tips
We won’t play the victim card all through, knowing that we have at one time or the other insulted our teacher or a member of another squad because of their looks. Usually, this is caused by the low self-esteem we feel within, thereby using others to reflect what we see in ourselves.
“Speak kindly to your body. Also, speak kindly about other people’s body. Other people’s bodies are their business. I don’t dicate how they should mange it.”
In the long run, trying to work on yourself to be better fit is not in itself a bad idea. But understanding the underlying reasons behind it would help you. In that, your confidence and self-esteem are not predicated or predetermined by the size of your belly, breast, ass, penis or what have we.
But the media and society in general, are not all bad. On the other end of self-esteem and the role of the society in building it, there are experts here and there to help you reach your beauty goals. Also, various fitness movement that has inspired many weight management program. With various groups promoting a healthy lifestyle, focusing on self-love, embracing your inner and outer beauty as it is. ‘Celebrating authenticity rather than uniformity.’
One more stop would be an interview with a wellness coach whose story she would share in the next post.